To free the writer, especially during the era of peace and love, Expressivism gave individuals the chance to explore and discover themselves, to find their inner-self, dude.
– David Bartholomae’s “Writing with Teachers: A Conversation with Peter Elbow”
– Judy Kirscht, Rhonda Levine, and John Reiff’s “Evolving Paradigms: WAC and the Rhetoric of Inquiry”
– Christine Farris’ “Current Composition: Beyond Process vs. Product” (Subscription to NCTE required)
If you’re interested in incorporating Expressivism in your classroom, below are some helpful resources to get you started:
– Instructions for Freewriting
– Unleash Your Creativity Now
– Grade Specific Writing Topics